Can I Appeal My Divorce Settlement?

Once a divorce settlement is entered with the court, it can be difficult to change the terms of the arrangement. However, if you believe that the […]

Read More
What is the Criminal Appeals Process?

When most people think about the court system, they only consider the trial level of court. If you lose your criminal trial, however, your legal […]

Read More
How to Appeal a Family Court Decision in California Divorce Court

California family courts and their judges are not perfect, and sometimes a court makes a decision in a family law case that a spouse or […]

Read More
How Quickly do You Have to Appeal a Case?

If you have been involved in a court case and lost, you still have legal options available to you through the appellate process. However, the […]

Read More
How Filing a Personal Restraint Petition can Keep You Out of Jail in Washington

Did you know that in Washington state if a person is incarcerated for a civil or criminal conviction, he or she can petition the court […]

Read More

The Appellate Approach

If you appeal a guilty verdict in a criminal case, the court does not always let you go free. You need a criminal appeals lawyer to request a stay on appeal. Your lawyer can request this stay at your sentencing hearing. This way you will not have to stay behind bars while the appeal is going on. Your lawyer will also try to overturn the wrongful conviction.

Schedule a consultation
Alt Text!