What is Appellate Law? Pt. 2

Appellate law is a legal area that pertains to appealing a court’s or judicial decision in a legal matter. When one party loses a legal […]

Read More
How Long Does an Appeal Take?

Whether you have been wrongfully convicted of a crime, or you want to try and overturn a decision made in a civil case based on […]

Read More
Options Available if You Lose in Appellate Court

If you go to court and significant substantive or procedural issues result in you losing your case, you have the option to appeal your case […]

Read More
Fast Facts About Wrongful Convictions in California

Despite our legal system’s best efforts, many people are wrongfully convicted of crimes in California every year. A wrongful conviction permanently affects that person’s life. […]

Read More
Appealing the Distribution of Property in a Divorce

There are many issues that must be settled before a divorce is finalized, and one of the most significant is the distribution of marital property […]

Read More

The Appellate Approach

If you appeal a guilty verdict in a criminal case, the court does not always let you go free. You need a criminal appeals lawyer to request a stay on appeal. Your lawyer can request this stay at your sentencing hearing. This way you will not have to stay behind bars while the appeal is going on. Your lawyer will also try to overturn the wrongful conviction.

Schedule a consultation
Alt Text!