Appealing a Conviction in Washington State

Were you arrested in Washington? You are certainly not alone. According to the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs, there were approximately 115,000 arrests […]

Read More
How Do Supreme Court Justices Decide Whether or Not to Accept a Case on Appeal?

The Supreme Court of the United States is our country’s highest court. If you received an unfavorable verdict in a criminal case, civil case, federal […]

Read More
What are the Possible Outcomes of an Appeal in Washington State?

Did you receive an unfavorable decision in a criminal case or a civil case? If so, you are necessarily out of options. Few things are […]

Read More
Can a Deportation Order be Appealed?

Few things are more intimidating than facing deportation from the United States. It is a serious issue for a person who is (alleged to be) […]

Read More
What Happens When the Supreme Court Refuses to Hear a Case?

Did you receive an unfavorable verdict in a criminal or civil case? As long as you are proactive, you generally have the right to appeal […]

Read More

The Appellate Approach

If you appeal a guilty verdict in a criminal case, the court does not always let you go free. You need a criminal appeals lawyer to request a stay on appeal. Your lawyer can request this stay at your sentencing hearing. This way you will not have to stay behind bars while the appeal is going on. Your lawyer will also try to overturn the wrongful conviction.

Schedule a consultation
Alt Text!